This is dentistry aimed at preventing future problems by acting swiftly and reducing the risks of future more complicated treatments.
It can simply be providing or obtaining advice and information- such as reading this web site- or taking more preventative actions.
- Brush your teeth and gums twice a day.
- Keep consumption of refined sugary snacks to a minimum frequency.
- Use fluoride tooth paste and fluoride mouth washes.
- Always use tooth paste for sensitive teeth, if you have sensitive teeth.
- Use special equipment e.g. floss, interdental brushes etc. to clean in between your teeth.
- Have your teeth checked regularly.
- Use staining aids to check tooth brushing is sufficient.
- Avoid acidic food and drinks.
- Use sugar free gum.
- Avoid smoking.
- Use a straw when consuming fizzy drinks.
- Use a professional dental hygienist to help you maintain a healthy mouth.
- Use a good quality tooth brush and change the head regularly (electric).
- Ask about fissure sealants to protect back teeth.
- Use Sensodyne dental trays for sensitive teeth or in cases of high risk decay.
- Replace old fillings before they hurt.
- Opt for sugar free options.