At Birkbeck Dentistry we try to ensure that all patients are happy with the service and care offered at the Practice. However when, on rare occasions, complaints are received, we will take them very seriously and follow the procedure laid out below. The complaint will be dealt with courteously and fairly with the aim of getting the matter resolved to everyone’s satisfaction as promptly as possible.
- The person responsible for dealing with complaints at the practice is the Practice Manager, Denise Rickard.
- Other staff at the practice may deal with the complaint initially if they feel this appropriate (reporting back to the Practice Manager) or refer the complaint on to the Practice Manager immediately. If the complaint is made in writing, it will be passed directly to the Practice Manager and will be acknowledged in writing as soon as possible.
- When a complaint is received and referred to the Practice Manager, patients will be given the opportunity to discuss the issues privately in person, or on the telephone, where possible, at a time convenient for both parties. Both parties should discuss the complaint in a reasonable and courteous manner at all times.
- The Practice Manager shall investigate the complaint, seeking advice from other staff at the Practice who may have been involved in the complaint, and will inform the patient of the findings within 10 working days of the complaint being received. If it is not possible to complete the investigation into the complaint within 10 working days, the Practice Manager will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay.
- The Practice Manager will liaise with the patient with the results of any discussion and reply in writing if deemed necessary.
- A meeting can be arranged between the patient, the dentist and \ or the Practice Manager, if any of the parties feel this is appropriate and beneficial.
- Following this meeting, confirmation of any decisions reached will be made in writing to the patient after necessary investigations have been made.
Complaints that are not resolved may be referred to third parties by the patient.
The Dental Complaints services
The Lansdowne Building
2 Lansdowne Rd
Croydon CR9 2ER
The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
London W1G 8DQ
0845 222 4141